Since the 2014 Nuclear Security Summit, Saudi Arabia has strengthened nuclear security implementation through effective participation in a number of events and international activities related to nuclear security, including the following:
1. Participated in the annual meeting of the International Network of Training and Assistance in nuclear security of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) held in Vienna in February 2014
2. Participated in a diplomacy workshop for ambassadors on disarmament and nuclear security held in Baden-Austria in June 2014.
3. Conducteda national workshop in cooperation with the IAEA on nuclear safeguards and security, held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in September 2014
4. Organized a joint meeting in cooperation with the IAEA on nuclear security between border control experts from the Republic of Yemen and Saudi Arabia in Riyadh-Saudi Arabia in January 2015.
5. The Kingdom joined the European Union (EU) Centers of Excellence on Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Risk Mitigation (CBRN CoE Initiative) in January 2015 and became a member of the Regional Center of Excellence under this initiative, which is based in the U.A.E. The Kingdom has actively participated in the third meeting of CBRN CoE Initiative, held in Brussels, Belgium in May 2015.
6. Organized a workshop in collaboration with Japan on the development of human resources in security and nuclear safety and safeguards, held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in February 2015.
7. Participated in the meeting of the Working Group of the International Network of Nuclear Security Education (INSEN) at the Agency's headquarters in Vienna-Austria, in February 2015.
8. Participated in the regional workshop on integrated nuclear security support plans for Arabic-speaking countries in Cairo, Egypt in April 2015.
9. Participated in the regional meeting to exchange information about the Database of Illicit Trafficking in Radioactive and Nuclear Materials held in Kuwait in October 2015.
10. Organized national workshop for protection from the risks of chemical, biological radioactive, and nuclear materials in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in 15-17 November 2015 in cooperation with the United Nations crime and Justice Research Institute (UNCRI).
11. Signed the Convention Practical Coordination between the IAEA and Naif University for Security Sciences in December 2015 for cooperation in the field of education and training programs related to nuclear security
12. Organized a symposium on nuclear security presented by the head of Nuclear Security at the IAEA, which was held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in December 2015.
13. Organized workshop in cooperation with the IAEA on capacity assessment and strategy for education and training in nuclear disciplines, which was held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in December 2015.